Sunday, July 4, 2010

French Kissing in the USA...




Sigh! How ridiculously romantic!

Edit:
I did a little bit of research on this iconic photograph. This photo was originally in Life magazine. The photographer explained that as the end of WWII was announced over radios everywhere, this jubilant soldier celebrated by kissing random girls (young and old) in Times Square . He was making his way through the crowd when he locked eyes on a young nursing student, and swept her into this passionate embrace. The identity of the young sailor was never discovered but I imagine, at some point during the war, he must have been holed up in a submarine, face to face with his own mortality, listing his regrets and maybe top 1 was: " Dang! I didn't get to kiss enough girls...." hahaha!

Now, I love this picture even more... because it reminds me to live without regrets!

Happy Fourth of July!

XOXO,
sassy

1 comment: