Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day !!!

This cool dude is my Pops, on the day he brought me home from the hospital.

My Pops has taught me a lot of things about life and about the kind of person I want to be...

He taught me...

1. If you love to eat good food, learn to make it yourself!

2. It's not how much money you have in your pocket, it's how you spend it.

3. Good Manners speak more about the quality of a person than fancy clothes and cars.

4. When life lands you a knock-out punch, grit your teeth and get up to fight again. Never give-up. Never give in. Never surrender.

5. When I would go to teenager parties, to my extreme mortification, my pops would show up to make sure the punch was not spiked with alcohol! Also, he is a big burly Basque guy who insists on bringing me to the airport everytime I leave. Even when he knows that he will cry. Every. Single. Time. He taught me that to be a good parent- you gotta do what you gotta do (even if it means doing embarassing things!)

Happy Father's Day , Papa! Eres el mejor!

XOXO,
sassy

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaawwwww.... Makahilak man sad ta sa imong post!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maharl! Sige mi ug kaon ug danggit diri! Lechon this pm! Wish you were here, doll! sassy

    ReplyDelete