Friday, April 16, 2010

Havaianas Top MiX and Tie -Dye Jeans......

You know how I love, love, love tie-dye, right? And that  I even have tie-dye dinner napkins!? You didn't? Well I do, and I also have tie-dye underwear (but that was  a laundry accident, so I'm not sure that really counts as "Tie-Dye"). Then you can understand how I'm just  dying to wear tie-dye jeans with the NEW Havaianas Top Mix and a blousy white top . After looking up and down Singapore for a pair with a good dark wash-to-white spots ratio,  I was so,so, so, so, so excited to have found one in Forever21 for $40 ...  DRESSING ROOM REALITY CHECK MOMENT:  Wot da ?!!!  Nooooooooo!!!I just don't have the correct hip-to-thigh  ratio for this type of jean..WhArrrggghhh!  Then I burst into boisterous tears.  My recollection of the events after are  a bit hazy. But I do recall a nervous salesperson  collected me from the dressing room floor because my sister in law P, was having none of my histrionics over a pair of jeans and was pretending not to know me . The kind manager offered me tissues and  tried to console me by showing me some shiny sequined tube tops. I politely declined the tube tops and reassured the other customers around me loudly that " I will survive this fashion disaster.... this too shall pass,....it takes more than a pair of jeans to get a good woman down....." Having ran out of  patience for my melodrama, P used  the end of her umbrella to poke my behind, and thus I was ushered  out of the store....  Since I'm not one to dwell on "what could have been", I'm slowly brainwashing  mini-sassy that SHE needs tie-dye jeans in her closet! What's the use in having a daughter if one can't  live  out one's fashion dreams vicariously through them, right? I mean Seriously!!  At least , mini sassy and I are  finally the same  Havaianas size  and can share the Havaianas Top MIX. so I think I really WILL survive this fashion depression after all...

XOXO,
sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment