Monday, October 19, 2009

Straw Fedoras, Panama Hats and Havaianas....

( elle)
Just got back from Beautiful Bali!
My sisters discovered this store called Biasa ( I'm sure you've all heard about it but it was my first time there)! The clothes were so wearable and chic and it was a wonderland of straw hats and silk scarves. Oh how I wanted to move in and live there!

I have a thing for straw hats and fedoras. I just think they go marvelously well with Havaianas. This was the picture that started my hat obsession: Delfina Figueras watching her husband play polo in the Hamptons....
( The Sartorialist)

So that summer, I scored a cheap straw fedora from Urban Outfitters. Some people might have called it "too small for your head" and I called it "jauntily sitting atop my forehead".

One day, I showed up in my too small/ jaunty Fedora at my cousin's pool side, and she loudly exclaimed:" It's Britney, bitch!"


Now, there are those who do not mind being likened to Ms. Spears and would have hummed "Oops I did it again" while pole dancing all the way to the beer bar.
I mean BRITNEY?!!!
Giovanna Battaglia, Ines de la Fressange, Sofia Coppola, Carine Roitfeld- these are the women whose aesthetic sensibilities I try to emulate! The mere mention of Brit- Brit and my love affair with the Fedora died.

But then.... yesterday my heart went pitter-patter and I dared to flirt with a few straw Fedoras in Biasa. They just looked so darned good with my Havaianas!

Should straw Fedoras make a comeback ala Britney in my closet?



XOXO,
sassy

2 comments:

  1. Ok, i'm now a convert. Can't wait to get a Fedora! Know of any guys who play polo we can watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a MAGNIFICENT polo player in my radar lately and that's NACHO Figueras. I'll make a post on him so you can see why we should be polo groupies, Pat4!heehee!

    ReplyDelete