Monday, December 14, 2009

George Hamilton and His Havaianas



I love George Hamilton! He doesn't take himself too seriously and I get a feeling that he would be such fun to hang out with! Check out his Havaianas!

Do you think George Hamilton's Havaianas are part of the 2010 collection? I've never seen those before.

The super entertaining article by Rita Wilson ( yes, the actress and Tom Hanks' wife) that accompanies this picture in Harper's Bazaar about Trophy Wives got me thinking.....

Me: Honey?

J: Uh-huh? ( doesn't even poke his head from behind the book he is reading)

Me: Can I be a trophy wife?

J: ( this is uncharted territory. He slowly puts down the wrist-bending science fiction tome. He is confused but proceeds cautiously)
... Errr... You.... ARE.... a trophy wife..

Me: I. AM. SO. NOT. A. TROPHY. WIFE!!! A trophy wife spends her days getting collagen, botox, waxed, implants, fillers, laser, blowouts...

J: Huh? I don't even know what those are!!!

Me: Oh God! ( I sniff derisively), basically , as a trophy wife, I would spend my days at the doctors' getting all sorts of injections to stay young and at the beauty salon to look beautiful and also I get to shop..... like.... A LOT......

J: stunned silence....

Me: Hey, since you are 6 years older than me, I think you might even qualify as a sugar daddy...woohooo!

J: ( sitting up, giving me his full attention now..) So, Let me get this straight..... You want to become a person who is of absolute no use to her fellow men and who would rather waste an education and hard-earned money on ... er... what did you say?.... collox and.... waxogens and.... laser blowouts ???

Me: Hmmm........That's another way of thinking of it.....

J: Sounds painful.... and very boring to me.

Me: You are a very wise old man, Mr. J

J: You know what a trophy wife SHOULD be, though?

Me: What?

J: A wife that keeps you young because she makes you laugh with her silly ideas ......


Now if only Mr.J took the garbage out when he is supposed to... and never got grumpy, he'd be almost perfect!



XOXO,
sassy

2 comments: