Saturday, March 6, 2010

Are the Kardashians Havaianistas?

When it comes to reality shows, anything that has beautiful crazy people , crazy couture and crazy drama is like candy to me! I just can't get enough! Next to all the " Real Housewives" series, I'm addicted to "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Here's why:

1. I love looking at what they are wearing! Now, despite what Tim Gunn said recently ( he was allegedly quoted as saying that he finds Kardashian fashion sense " tawdry" and " vulgar"), occasionally, the Kardashians do show up in beautiful clothes. In their defense, any person who has curves like theirs always has a tendency to look overtly sexy, Tim.

Tim, you are hanging out with anorexic beanpoles too much! What have you got against some junk in the trunk?! OH MY GOD! Did I just side with the Kardashians against the Guru of good taste?! HELP! Reality shows have addled my brain!!!



2. I even love looking at their fashion misses. Here are the Kardashian sisters at Michael Jackson's Memorial tribute. OOOPSIES! Tim, you may have a point. Short skirts and leather are not exactly tasteful attire for a memorial.... but I love them anyway. Especially Khloe- 'coz she's one funny lady!



3. Mostly, I love their family dramas. Please tell me I'm not the only one who bawled like a baby at how badly Khloe treated Bruce Jenner leading up to her speed wedding to Lamar Odom. How could she not have asked him to walk her down the aisle to begin with?! Could it be that she was afraid Bruce would be the voice of reason and tell her what every good stepfather worthy of that name would tell his daughter: Never ever marry anybody whom you've just met a mere weeks ago, unless you are an illegal alien seeking citizenship or a major studio is offering to give you a million dollar wedding that will surely boost ratings to your family show.

It all worked out in the end and everyone was happy... but let me tell you, if there hadn't been a giant golf ball sized diamond engagement ring to distract and appease me, I'd , like, totally boycott them and switch to "Leave it to Lamas".



4. The Kardashians are truly a modern day Brady Bunch. It's not easy to blend families , much less a family with 8 children, but Bruce and Kris seem have to done a great job of that! I love seeing how , underneath it all, they all genuinely love each other!



5. I also love seeing that underneath Brodie Jenner's veneer of low-IQ and self-absorbed swagger , he's hot!



6. Sometimes, I catch myself thinking: What in the name of Silicone Implants am I watching?! Then, I get hypnotized into a delicious stupor by those super shiny raven locks and valley girl accents, and I just can't bear to reach for the remote. Does that ever happen to you?



7. Bottom line though, the Kardashians are Havaianistas and , by virtue of that, they are A-OK by me.



What's your guilty pleasure?


XOXO,
sassy

( Images: The insider, eonline)

No comments:

Post a Comment