Monday, March 22, 2010

Inspiration: Balenciaga , Baby!




I am a girl with more dash than cash but I still love looking for fashion inspiration in Style.com.
And though, I must be honest and admit that there are times when I am sorely tempted to spend my grocery money AND mini-sassy's tuition AND max out my credit card on pretty clothes, I listen to the voice of reason in my head and patiently wait until the high street stores come out with versions of the runway looks for way less.

Curiously, the voice of reason in my head sounds very much like Mr. J......

Today, I was perusing these pictures of Nicolas Ghesquiere's Balenciaga 2010 RTW collection, when I felt a dark, ominous presence behind me....

Mr. J: " Who wears that c**p ?"

Followed by: "Hey, I can make you a shirt like that with an old newspaper!".

Wow! Every one is a fashion critic today!

Me: Exchooze me, Mr. J.... but that " c**p" is Balenciaga!

J: Yikes! It even looks like s**t on a model! Why do girls waste money on clothes like that?

Lordy lord! Where does one find the words, or the time, to explain couture to a boy ?
Faced with such a monumental task , I am left with no recourse but to say....


Me: Talk to the booty 'coz the hand's off-duty...

I then did the finger snap in a Z formation and promptly ignored him for the rest of the day....

Hmmm.....It gave me pause, though... Do I like it because it's Balenciaga or because I think it will look good on me?

When it comes to dressing, should we dress to look our best or should we dress to have fun with how we look?

XOXO,
sassy

(image: style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment